The Student News Site of Hooks High School

The Buzz

The Buzz

The Buzz

HHS athletes to attend regional track meet
William Foster, Christian Shelby • April 18, 2024
Starting a New Tradition
Starting a New Tradition
Walker Davis, Reporter • April 12, 2024

Take Flight with FCCLA

Hooks FCCLA members to go to their first conference next week.
Take Flight with FCCLA

The members of Hooks FCCLA will attend their first competition of the 23-24 school year on Thursday,  February 15. Members will be traveling to Waco, with their advisors Amber Pipes and Crystal Leiva, to compete in the Star and Proficiency level events against other Region 3 members in the organization.

“Members have done an amazing job all year preparing for this and we hope to bring home awards and advance to state!” Leiva said. 

Members competing include: Karyssa Riley participating in Serving up Success, Katherine Kyles and Abby Kyles participating in Sports Nutrition, Mackenzie Butler and Harley Davis participating in Event Management Level 3, Chito Vazquez participating in Spotlight On Projects Red Talk, Jonathan Tinejero participating in Spotlight on Projects Stand Up, Caleb Woods, Chito Vazquez, and Jaylyn Jackson participating in Promote and Publicize, Caleb Woods and Cash Dibrell participating in Spotlight on Projects Community Service, Jessica Autrey, Chloe Rizo, and Meagan Autrey participating in Focus on Children, Hailee Hill participating in Toys that Teach Level 3, Claire Peek and Olivia Davis participating in Event Management Level 2, Kimberly Vasquez and Jackie Herrera participating in Food Innovations, Callie Morris participating in Toys that Teach Level 2, Callie Jones and Dannica Davis participating in Repurpose and Redesign, and Harley Hillborn participating in Cupcake Presentation.

“I am extremely proud of all of these kids, they have put so much time and effort into their events,” Pipes said.

Wishing FCCLA safe travels and good luck!