The Student News Site of Hooks High School

The Buzz

The Buzz

The Buzz

HHS athletes to attend regional track meet
William Foster, Christian Shelby • April 18, 2024
Starting a New Tradition
Starting a New Tradition
Walker Davis, Reporter • April 12, 2024

A Christmas Symphony

Hornet band performs annual Christmas themed concert.
Belyn Graves

The Hornet Band performed their annual Christmas themed concert in the high school auditorium on Dec. 14th, with performances by both the junior high and high school band. The band played many popular Christmas season medleys including: The Polar Express, A Christmas Carol, and Holiday Jambalaya. 

“I was very excited to play our Christmas music, although I do miss performing our show,” sophomore Calvin Duncan said. “It’s a cycle we go through transitioning from marching band to concert.”

After the final football game, the marching band began the transition into a concert band to prepare for the annual Christmas concert. The band usually dresses in all black costumes for their concerts, however, Christmas is an exception. 

“We performed our Christmas concert with ugly sweaters and Santa hats to liven up the seriousness of a concert, and replace it with the holiday spirit,” Duncan said.

The band put their pride and joy into all of the songs they performed. They practiced until almost perfection, all while enjoying the experience. 

“We always have a great time while performing our best,” Duncan said. “It’s a great start to celebrating the Christmas season.”