The Student News Site of Hooks High School

The Buzz

The Buzz

The Buzz

HHS athletes to attend regional track meet
William Foster, Christian Shelby • April 18, 2024
Starting a New Tradition
Starting a New Tradition
Walker Davis, Reporter • April 12, 2024

Student Spotlight: Nate Latham

Nate Latham is a 15-year-old sophomore here at HHS. His favorite book is Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and his favored color is light pink. Nate likes to eat Nerd Gummy Clusters and his favorite celebrity is IShowSpeed, an American Youtuber and rapper.

In his free time, Nate enjoys scrolling through TikTok or escaping into the world of video games. He participates in playing both basketball and baseball. Nate is a member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes, a club at Hooks that brings Christian athletes together in fellowship. Nate is known for being funny, hardworking, and friendly. He admires Kobe Bryant, a former Professional Basketball player, God, and his father.

Nate lives by the bible verse, “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ,” found in Corinthians 4: 6. Upon high school graduation, Nate would like to join the U.S. Air Force. When asked about his dream travel destination, Nate chose to go to either Puerto Rico or New York.