Putting the Fun in Fundraiser

HHS clubs raise money for activities

Karyssa Riley, Reporter

In hopes of raising some much needed cash, numerous clubs at HHS have organized fundraisers to raise money for club activities. From band to journalism, Hooks High School’s variety of clubs all need funding.

One club in particular, FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America), decided to sell boo grams. Boo grams are pieces of candy wrapped with ribbon and a note.

“We have a two-week timeline set up and a week to prepare before they go out on Halloween” FCCLA advisor Amber Pipes said. 

Other clubs, such as band, sold coupon cards during the summer. The cards were sold at ten dollars each and distributed by sixty different people. The money raised from the coupon cards went towards anything that was needed, whether it was contests, food, or instruments.

Journalism, taught by Mrs. Turner, decided to start face painting at football games and at both lunches before pep rallies. The face painting money is going towards buying new digital cameras for the journalism class. 

“We are down to one camera and it is not a very good one,” Turner said. “We hope to do well with the face painting so we can get a much-needed upgrade.”

Whether it be boo grams, coupon cards, or face painting, all of the clubs at HHS have come up with their own unique ways of bringing in money.